More than a Family Business
ShoreView Moving & Storage is owned by BayShore Transportation System, Inc., a family-owned business that dates back more than 100 years.
We’re a family of professionals focused on providing the smoothest relocation experience possible. Our family has grown substantially over the years.
- 1973 BayShore founded with two trucks
- 1977 Becomes an Agent for Allied Van Lines
- 1986 New facility built in Newark, Delaware for household goods storage and support
- 1993 Linda Piazza, President of BayShore, named Small Business Person of the Year
- 1997 Virginia location opened to serve the Washington, D.C. Metro area
- 1999 BayShore wins Agent of the Year from Allied Van Lines
- 2000 Linda awarded Entrepreneurial Woman of the Year
- 2001 Quality Agent of the Year, Allied Van Lines
- 2002 Driver of the Year goes to BayShore Allied
- 2005 A second Household Goods Storage facility opens in Newark, Delaware
- 2005 BayShore Fine Art Storage division opens
- 2005 Another Driver of the Year award
- 2009 Better Together Award — Allied’s Better Together award is voted by previous award winners and given to a deserving Allied Agent who has been especially helpful to other agents within the Allied family.
- 2012 Brand new Dulles, Virginia facility opens doubling Washington DC storage capacity.
- 2012 ShoreView Moving & Storage becomes an Agent for North American Van Lines.
- 2013 Third Household Goods facility adds nearly 100,000 sq. ft. of storage in Newark, Delaware.
- 2014 Better Together Award, at the Operations Convention of Allied Van Lines, given to the agency that other agents would most like to work with.
Today, we’re a nationally-recognized carrier with more than 100 pieces of equipment on the road.
What hasn’t changed is the family-focus we have on every move we make.
Hi – I’m Matt Larmore. That’s me on the left. My mother, Linda Piazza, founded BayShore Transportation System in 1973 as a division of our family’s moving company that began operations in 1914.
ShoreView Moving & Storage is owned and operated by my parents, Linda and Ralph Piazza, my older brother Andy Larmore, and myself. We are very fortunate to have a GREAT TEAM of professionals – many have been with the parent company for over 25 years – that share our vision and core values. We are all on the same mission, to provide World Class service focused on our customers, quality, integrity and profitability. We operate daily with these key values in mind.
Over the years Mom has instilled many keys to success, but there are four that stand head and shoulders above the rest:
1) Integrity. In business and in life it is so important to do the RIGHT thing – even if the RIGHT thing is not the most profitable or the most popular.
2) Bigger is not always better. We are fortunate to move over 5,000 families a year, but Mom always reminds us that we must never lose sight of how each customer sees only THEIR ONE MOVE. We must control the quality (customer satisfaction) of each individual move.
3) TEAM. Mom has taught us all that trucks and buildings are a prerequisite to be in the moving and storage business, but it is the TEAM (our people) that make the difference. It is amazing how AWESOME people can be when they are part of a WINNING TEAM.
4) Community. We have been fortunate for decades to have the support of the communities we serve. So we give back to those communities that have given so much to us. We are very active with different charities, from large to small.
If at any time I can be of assistance – to answer a pricing question, confirm how we plan to move your piano or address any concern you might have – PLEASE email me. I would love to speak with you personally.
THANK YOU on behalf of our family and the ShoreViewTeam for visiting our web site. We wish you the very best as you take on the excitement of moving.
Matt Larmore, Vice-President
PS — We encourage you to look and compare, but don’t fail to call the ShoreViewTeam. Your move and your possessions are too important to trust to strangers.